Chemistry Program Outcomes
The goals of the Chemistry Program at OCCC for students completing a curriculum pattern for an AS degree in chemistry, pre-dentistry, pre-medicine, or pre-pharmacy are as follows:
- Students will be able to apply concepts, principles, and techniques of chemistry to solve chemically oriented problems.
- Students will be able to identify and apply standard chemical laboratory techniques to acquire empirical data that can be used to solve chemical problems.
- Students will be able to correctly analyze laboratory data.
- Students will be able to write clear conclusions that they support with appropriate data and data analysis.
- Students will be able to follow written laboratory procedures to safely and correctly complete a laboratory experiment.
Students who meet these outcomes will be well prepared for success in future chemistry classes at transfer institutions and in professional programs.