Game Design Degrees from Oklahoma City Community College
Master your future with the technology skills needed to develop the next top video game.
Nintendo, Wii, Playstation, Kinect – the list of top-selling video game systems just keeps growing as does the demand for new games. Americans are looking toward video games not just for entertainment but also for fitness, instruction and information.
With an associate degree or certificate in game design from Oklahoma City Community College, you’ll be trained to work as a modeler, animation artist, 3D illustrator, digital artist, FX artist, video post-production artist and game designer. It’s a top career field mixing artistic creativity with storytelling and high-tech graphics.
Oklahoma City Community College is ready for you with an associate in applied science degree in game design and a certificate of mastery in game design. You’ll work with the most advanced digital media design software and programs available, as well as the most knowledgeable computer-aided technology instructors and professors, making you a sought-after candidate for the top jobs in the field.
Get your head in the game today! Complete your online community college admissions application.
In the Game Design Program at OCCC, you’ll learn:
- The history and growth of computer and video game design as well as current trends and the future of the industry
- Why people play games, the game interface, design cycles, game genres and game-related technology
- To build and test interactive 2D games
- To create levels for video games
- The principles of design and critical thinking skills that lead to creative solutions
- Technical skills and creative techniques with respect to digital cameras and scanners, image retouching and manipulation, selection, layering, color correction, channels, paths and filters
- To create, generate and integrate 3D computer graphics
- To create 3D character models and animation in the fields of television, movies, advertising, multimedia and gaming
- To work with the most advanced technology available in OCCC’s digital media design classrooms and labs
Game Design Degrees at Oklahoma City Community College
Oklahoma City Community College offers an associate in applied science degree in game design and a certificate of mastery:
- Associate in applied science degree – game design: This degree will allow you to take on an entry-level position in this career field upon graduation.
- Another option is the certificate of mastery in game design. This is the fast-track program for those who want to take just the core courses in game design and for professionals who would like to enhance their skills.
Game Design Classes at Oklahoma City Community College
Oklahoma City Community College offers game design classes where you study with faculty who actively research the newest trends in the industry. You’ll take classes in:
- Creativity and Design
- Evolution of Game Technology
- Digital Media Development
- Computer-Aided Design
- Game Development and Design Concepts
- 3D Rendering and Design Visualization
- 3D Character Design and Animation
- Digital Imaging
- Digital Media Scripting
- Design Project
Professor of Computer-Aided Technology
Master in Education - Central State UniversityB.S. in Math - Wayne State UniversityAAS Drafting and Design - Henry Ford Community CollegeAAS Multimedia - Oklahoma City Community College37 Years Professor - Oklahoma City Community College10 Years Designer and Engineer - Ford Motor Company - Engine Division5 years Test Technician - U.S. Army Tank Arsenal, Warren Michigan
Department Chair and Professor of Computer-Aided Technology
I start teaching at Oklahoma City Community College in 1990. I was hired as a part-time Instructor to teach AutoCAD to business and industry clients. In January 1991 I was hired full-time as a Professor of Drafting and Design.I started using AutoCAD as a student at East Central University in 1986, using AutoCAD version 2.18 on an IBM AT computer. All you needed were two floppy disks, one with MS-DOS and another with AutoCAD. Prior to starting at OCCC, I taught Technology Education at Killeen High School, in Killeen, Texas. Over the years I have taught AutoCAD at East Central University in Ada, University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond and University of Oklahoma in Norman.
What You Can Do With an OCCC Game Design Degree or Certificate:
With an associate degree or certificate in game design from Oklahoma City Community College, you’ll be trained to work as a:
- Animation Artist
- 3D Illustrator
- Digital Artist
- FX Artist
- Video Post-Production Artist
- Game Designer
As the gaming industry continues to grow and expand, more and more positions in this field will become readily available for trained professionals. Computer and console gaming is already a top consumer industry and demand for new products is skyrocketing.
Earn a game design degree at OCCC and take your career to new levels!